Czech Republic - Prague
*Education Abroad programs have been cancelled for Summer 2021*
The program theme is “Emerging Markets of Central & Eastern Europe”. Students will be introduced to the financial and economic opportunities and challenges in Central and Eastern Europe. In addition to classroom instruction, students will meet executives from financial institutions (investment, public accounting and banking firms, Prague stock market, Czech Republic Central Bank), service companies, and manufacturers. Students will also experience the rich culture and history of the region during excursions in the Czech Republic. Central and Eastern Europe are playing an increasingly important role in the world economy and hold business opportunities for US companies and professionals. The program includes Czech cultural events (for example, Czech music, a river boat ride, exploration of centuries-old silver mine) and an overnight excursion to an historic site in Moravia. On weekends you can hop on a train or bus and be in Austria, Germany or Poland within 2 hours - ideal for exploring the heart of Central Europe.
What Courses Are Offered?
Students will earn credit hours from the following courses:
- MGT 4399 – Independent Study in Management Project course
- MGT 4390T – Effective Teams and Groups
- FIN 4395 – Independent Study in Finance Project course
- FIN 4380G – Financial Modeling and Equity Analysis
What Are The (Tentative) Dates?
- Dates are July 5 - August 6, coinciding with Summer II.
- If the program becomes a virtual program, dates will remain the same.
What is the Expected Cost?
Budget is still being finalized, but we expect a program fee of ~$4700.
The program fee includes:
- Tuition and fees for 6 credit hours (on-campus cost of 6 credit hours is ~$3649)
- Study Abroad Application Fee ($200, non-refundable)
- Metro pass for Prague transit
- Business visits and group excursions within the Czech Republic
- International health insurance and emergency assistance
Program fee does not include:
- The program fee does not include international flights, optional excursions, airport transfers, passport application fees, or all meals. Students may fly their choice of airline, although itinerary recommendations will be provided.