CBAPPS 5.02 Evaluating Lecturers Senior Lecturers, Faculty of Practice and Clinical Faculty for Reappointment
Evaluating Lecturers Senior Lecturers, Faculty of Practice and Clinical Faculty for Reappointment
The purpose of this document is to establish policies and procedures for the evaluation and reappointment of Lecturers, Senior Lecturers, Faculty of Practice, and Clinical Faculty. This policy statement is meant to supplement AA/PPS 04.02.10 (8.09). This annual evaluation of faculty is a responsibility shared by department chairs and departmental personnel committees.
1. Temporary faculty have a significant and important role to play in the operation of the McCoy College. Their role may vary from department to department and sometimes from faculty member to faculty member within the same department. Individual departments should develop their own criteria for evaluation of Lecturers, Senior Lecturers, Faculty of Practice, and Clinical Faculty. All faculty should be familiar with CBAPPS 5.01 dealing with McCoy College expectations concerning teaching, scholarly activity, and service.
2. Faculty members, exclusive of per course faculty, who are paid at a rate of fifty percent or more from funds budgeted for faculty salaries should be evaluated every year prior to April 1.
3. The department chair will call a meeting of the personnel committee to review Lecturers, Senior Lecturers, Faculty of Practice, and Clinical Faculty in the department. Faculty documentation will be made available through the Faculty Qualifications system.
4. The department chair will preside over the reappointment meeting of the personnel committee. After a thorough discussion of the faculty member's teaching, scholarly activity, and service, the personnel committee will vote for reappointment or non-reappointment.
5. The chair will meet with each Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Practice, and Clinical Faculty to discuss the results of the personnel committee evaluation. This meeting may be part of the normal annual review process.
This CBAPPS has been approved by the reviewers listed below and represents the McCoy College of Business Administration policy and procedure from the date of the document until superseded.
Last Update: January, 2021
Review Cycle: E5Y
Next Review Date: Sept 1, 2025