Studies in Entrepreneurship Speaker Series
Each fall and spring semester, we invite accomplished entrepreneurs and business leaders to speak with students enrolled in the Studies in Entrepreneurship (MGT 3360) course. As part of this speaker series, students gain personal insights into entrepreneurship as the guest speakers often describe their accomplishments, share stories about their career path, and offer recommendations for growth and success.
Although the speaker series is held for students enrolled in MGT 3360, we are able to accommodate special guests on certain occasions.
If you are interested in attending a presentation, you may contact Dr. Josh Daspit (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
Please note that the speaker series will be held online via Zoom for fall 2020 and spring 2021.
Fall 2020 Entrepreneurial Speakers
- September 8: Pat Oles, Barshop and Oles Company and Dan Roy, Co-Director, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneur in Residence, Texas State
- September 15: Brian McCoy, CEO & Board Chair, McCoy's Building Supply and Meagan McCoy Jones, President & COO, McCoy's Building Supply
- September 29: Arie Brish, Best-Selling Author and Commercialization Expert
- October 13: Debra Quade, Supplier Diversity Manager, Kellogg Company
- October 27: Harlan Beverly, Vice-President of Engineering, Beneplace and Lecturer, Texas State
- November 10: John Cunningham and Chris Chilek, Co-Founders, VictoryCTO, Pick-A-Prof.com and MyEdu.com