McCoy College of Business Strategic Planning 2012 - 2017
The McCoy College of Business Administration fosters an engaged learning community that prepares a diverse student population for successful business careers as responsible global citizens. The College complements these efforts with research that adds to knowledge, provides solutions to business challenges, and contributes to pedagogical advances.
1. Maintain AACSB standards and pursue separate accounting accreditation
2. Develop a strong research culture while maintaining quality teaching
3. Increase graduate student enrollment by providing innovative, market-driven programs
4. Focus on global business with an emphasis on Latin American business initiatives
5. Foster business community relationships with primary emphasis on small and medium-size businesses
6. Provide a learning environment that enhances and supports diversity
7. Sustain a development program
8. Enhance the student learning environment
Guiding Principles for Strategic Decision Making:
1. Alignment with McCoy College mission and strategic goals
2. Availability of sufficient resources for excellence and quality while exceeding accreditation standards
3. Delivery of programs that respond to market demand and benefit students
Included in the planning process were student groups, a joint meeting of eight college advisory boards, meetings of each department, two college meetings, and discussion and prioritization by the McCoy College of Business Council (CBAC).