September 20, 2011: Mr. Russell S. Stromberg
President & Co-Founder, Rewards Inc
1996 - Present: President, Rewards Inc.
Rewards is a fine jewelry store in Austin, Texas in the Arboretum Market Shopping Center, next to Saks.
1976 - 1996: President/CEO, Centinela Valley Health Services, Inglewood, CA
The Centinela Hospital Medical Center Health Care System included:
- Centinela Hospital Medical Center (403-bed acute care facility)
- Centinela Hospital LAX Clinic (official medical/occupational center for the Los Angeles International Airport
- Centinela Hospital’s Fitness Institute (fitness center)
- Centinela Medical Clinics (nine primary/urgent care centers located in surrounding areas)
- Centinela Valley Health Services, Inc. (parent company and Management Services Organization for all corporations)
- Centinela Independent Practitioners Association (comprised of 200+ physicians in a managed care contracting entity)
- Intrastate Medical Collections (centralized collection company for all entities)
- Champion Health Plan (Knox-Keene licensed HMO)
- Centinela Hospital Foundation (fundraising organization)
- Negotiated the sale in 1996 of Centinela Valley Health Services and all its subsidiaries for seven and one-half times EBITA, the highest price ever paid for a California health system at the time. This funded a $50,000,000 non profit foundation. Was asked to stay on at the foundation, but declined in order to continue with original plans to relocate to Texas
- Centinela Hospital was one of the most consistently profitable hospitals in Southern California.
- Pioneered preferred provider and health maintenance organization contracting in California and licensed the Champion Health Plan, a Knox-Keene approved HMO.
- Centinela Hospital was the designated Los Angeles hospital for the President of the United States, Official Hospital of the 1984 Olympics, and was the hospital of choice for the Los Angeles Lakers, Kings, The Forum, Los Angeles Dodgers, Rams, the PGA Tour and Senior PGA Tour (now the Champions Tour), Los Angeles International Airport and many world-class athletes from around the world.
- Initiated innovative program of radio and television marketing of Centinela Hospital and Clinics and the highly visible nationwide mobile medical program for the PGA and Senior PGA Tours, and the CHMC Mobile Vaccination Program.
- Created Champion Press, publisher of the Official Little League Guide to Fitness and PGA and LPGA Tours’ Official Exercise Books and established the world renowned Biomechanics Research Laboratory at Centinela Hospital.
- Produced five Los Angeles Senior PGA Tour golf events as a hospital fundraiser. Annually sold sponsorships totaling $3,000,000.
- Achieved good labor relations at all locations with 2,000 employees, successfully maintaining non-union environment.
- Established and was president for three years of a 30-hospital legislative lobbying group, known as the Community Hospital Task Force which resulted in defeat of rate and budget control legislation and elimination of Certificate of Need.
- Guest speaker for annual meeting of California CPA’s on hospital financial management and in prior years for ECHO, HFMA and IBM. Former consultant to HEW.
- Preceptor for Hospital Administration Programs at the University of Southern California and Xavier University.
- Obtained maximum accreditation from JCAHO for every survey performed during the last twenty years of tenure. Accreditation with Commendation in 1995.
1973 - 1976: CFO, Centinela Valley Health Services, Inglewood, CA
1969 - 1973: Corporate Controller, Sisters of Mercy (now Catholic Healthcare West), Burlingame CA
1967 - 1969: Auditor and Medicare Consultant, Arthur Young and Company, Houston TX
1966 - 1967: Asst. Controller, Chief Accountant, Auditor, Memorial Hospital of Long Beach, Long Beach CA
- Pepperdine University, MBA
- University of California at Los Angeles BBA, Varsity Westker