September 16, 2014: Brian Olson & Albert Garcia
Bosstex Venture Corp
Brian Olson is the owner of Bosstex Venture Corp. dba Premier Cuts which was established in the fall of 2004. Bosstex started with one hair salon in San Marcos in February of 2005 and has since expanded to four salons located in San Marcos, Kyle, Round Rock, and San Antonio. In 2009 Bosstex Venture sold the San Antonio location for a profit and then focused on a more central market.
Brian’s first venture was in high school where he started a small lawn mowing/landscaping service that grew considerably in a very short time and was later sold for a profit.
A month after graduating from college, Brain opened and co-founded Classic Cuts in San Marcos, Texas with his partner Sabin Steinbacher. Classic Cuts provided the community with a new and more inviting atmosphere for walk-in haircuts. Within two years of opening its first store, Bosstex was fortunate enough to take part in the new HEB Plus concept the allowed tenants to be located close to the entrance/exit of their stores. Partnering with HEB, Bosstex grew from one store with eleven employees to four stores with nearly fifty employees, trademarking their new name as Premier Cuts. In the fall of 2010 it was able to open the first franchise store in New Braunfels and partnered with the Barshop and Oles Company on the location. That same year the San Marcos location received the Best Small Business award from the Chamber of Commerce.
In the summer of 2013 Brian Olson bought out his partner to become the sole owner of Premier Cuts. Brian isn’t ready to leave the hair cutting industry and is determined to raise sales and continue to open new stores in the future.
Brian Olson was raised in College Station, TX where his family still resides. He began his college education at Blinn College in Bryan, TX and moved to San Marcos to attend Southwest Texas University in 2001. He graduated with a degree in Business Management in December of 2004. While attending Texas State, he became a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon and participated on the Texas State Water Ski Team. Through college he worked as a bartender and public relations coordinator for a local establishment where he raised sales by nearly three hundred percent in his first six months on the job.
Brian is active in many organizations in the San Marcos area. He’s been involved in the San Marcos Lions Club and is currently an active Board Member as President of Sights and Sounds of Christmas, which is the largest community event in San Marcos hosting over 75,000 people each year. Since President of Sights and Sounds his team has broken attendance and revenue records. Brian is also on the Board of Directors for Pecan Creek the condominium where he lives, and his team has raised property values significantly in the past 5 years. Brian was just appointed to the Planning and Zoning Board for the San Marcos City Council in 2014. He also has been recently appointed to the Board of Directors of the San Marcos Chamber of Commerce and starts in October of 2014.
Owner, Manager, College Delivery, LLC, San Marcos, TX (August 2002 – present)
- Manage day-to-day business operations: processing orders, customer service, filing and organization, managing expenses, employee scheduling, inventory, etc.
- Manage business relationships and accounts with 15 local restaurants, including major chains such as Applebee’s, Subway, and Taco Cabana
- Supervise from 7 to 12 employees (delivery drivers and managers): training, scheduling, payroll, dispatching, etc.
- Prepare quarterly sales taxes and payroll taxes
- Responsible for all marketing and advertising
- Responsible for all other duties related to ownership of company
Engineer, Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel, Austin, TX (January 2000 – January 2003)
- Responsible for maintenance of 189 rooms and all other maintenance issues throughout the hotel (fire safety, restaurant, lobby, kitchen, elevators, conference rooms, etc.)
- Troubleshoot electrical systems (air conditioners, computer networks, printers, etc.)
- Customer Service Representative
Supervisor, Computer Lab, Southwest Texas State University (August 1999 – May 2001)
- Promoted to supervisory position after one semester
- Responsible for installing programs and network capabilities for over 75 computers in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Perform routine maintenance on all computers in the department
- Assist students and faculty with troubleshooting and software issues