Co-founder/CEO, Direct Biologics, LLC
Mark Adams is a 1985 Texas State University Business School Graduate. He is a successful serial entrepreneur and visionary. Adams spent the first 16 years of his career working for large public companies such as Xerox, Johnson & Johnson and Bostik, and has spent the last 16 years creating, building, running and selling several successful companies in a variety of different industries.
Currently, Adams is the Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Direct Biologics, LLC., a cutting edge regenerative medicine company he recently launched in 2017 based on processing, marketing and distributing human amniotic tissue (stem cells) for bioactive healing and profound clinical outcomes.
Prior to 2011, Adams co-founded SOZO Global. Inc., an international nutritional products company that operated in the US, Canada and throughout Asia, and where he served as the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer from 2011 until he sold it in 2016 to a large California based public company.
Prior to 2003, Adams founded and ran as President and CEO, Advocate, MD Financial Group, Inc., which became a market leading Texas-based medical liability insurance holding company operating in Texas and Mississippi, which he sold in 2009 to a multi-billion-dollar public company; and which he continued to run as CEO on a post-acquisition basis through 2011.
Adams is also a founding partner of several other companies. Some of his companies include:
- Murphy Adams Restaurant Group, Inc. which he co-founded in 2007 and he serves today as Chairman of the Board. Murphy Adams owns and is rapidly expanding Mama Fu’s Asian House Restaurants throughout the United States, and the Middle East.
- Kind Health, LLC., which he co-founded in 2008, is a unique national online application driven health insurance curator and today Adams serves as the company’s Chairman of the Board.
Adams also co-founded and currently owns several other companies all currently operating today including:
- Star Hospital Solutions, LLC., a rural Texas in-hospital laboratory platform for blood, toxicity and allergy testing.
- Sustainability Initiatives, LLC., an incubator and management entity created to capitalize and launch unique companies based on making and / or selling products and services that are 100% sustainable.
- Austin Electric Vehicles, Inc., an Austin, Texas based manufacturer of electric cars, trucks and 3-wheel vehicles.
- Blue Elephant E-Rentals, LLC., a consumer based rental company focused on renting electric mobility devices to the international resort / tourist market.
- True EV Financial, Inc., a financial services company providing lease options to consumers of electric vehicles.
- Olympic Capital Partners, LLC., a high yield real estate investment fund focused on acquiring, holding and selling large blocks of U.S. based single family homes via the wholesale housing market.
- Direct Sales Forge, LLC., a specialty software development company focused on managing the interface between individual consumer product companies and their direct distribution networks.
- Green Gold, LLC., an investment holding and management company focused on unique seed-to-sale farming initiatives that are capitalizing on the rapidly evolving state to state legislative environment for certain agricultural products.
In 2008, Adams was awarded the prestigious Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Adams serves on the board of directors for several public, private and non-profit organizations including the McCoy College of Business Advisory Board at Texas State University.
Adams has been married to his wife Melissa for 30 years (also a Texas State Graduate) and they live in Austin, Texas along with their three sons.