The theme for 2014 was meant to engage students and the local community on the topic of mental health as it impacts the workplace.
Some highlights of the week included an interactive business organization leadership fair, a mini-case competition, an etiquette dinner, leadership panel and guest speakers.
Approximately 3,700 attendees participated in events throughout the week.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Octavio Martinez, Jr., Executive Director, Hogg Foundation for Mental Health
Distinguished Lecture: Brian East, Senior Attorney, Disability Rights Texas
Executive Leadership Panel: Rodney Klein, Outreach and Training Manager, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; Leah Heck, Internal Development Director, T3; and Natalie Rougeux, Managing Member and CEO Rougeux & Associates P.L.L.C.
Guest Speakers Included:
- Ashley Ingle – Vice President for Human Resources, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union
- Blanca Sanchez-Navarro – Assistant Director of Educational Programming & Outreach and Supervising Counselor at Texas State University’s Counseling Center
- Lew Little - Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Harden Healthcare, LLC
- Lisa Spencer - Motivational Speaker and Board Member of the Scheib Center for Developmental Disabilities & Mental Health Services
- David Cosner – Texas State University student
- Dr. Donna Nicholson – Retired Educator and President of Donna Nicholson & Associates
- Bob Strauss – retired Region Vice President, RSC Equipment Rental
- Cindy Gibson – Disability Rights Texas
- Dan O’Connell - professional investor and founder of Golder Center for Private Equity, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Sara Bordo - Executive Producer of TEDxAustinWomen 2013
- Dr. Amy Meeks - Senior Lecturer, Department of Psychology
- Brad Powell - Awake Aware America advocate, author, and speaker
- discussion forum led by Crystal Moore - EAP Account Representative with UTEAP
- Dr. Greg Snodgrass - retired Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Director of the Counseling Center
- Sara Jo Snodgrass - retired Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, New York Life Insurance, Long Term Care Division
- Wayne Berson – CEO of BDO Worldwide
- Hatch Bailey - co-owner of Wilkirson-Hatch-Bailey Funeral Home and Brazos Funeral Home.