SPEAKERS & HIGHLIGHTS
McCoy College of Business launched Business Leadership Week for the first time on February 9-13, 2009. The theme of the week was "Be a Part of the Experience", and events were focused on leadership and ethical business issues. Students and faculty praised the week for providing high profile speakers and cutting-edge events.
2009 Business Leadership Week Events:
- Corey Ciocchetti, Assistant Professor of Business Ethics at the University of Denver, kicked off the week with a distinguished lecture, "Chasing Authentic Success"
- Students had the opportunity to learn about the business world first-hand from Texas State alumni during the alumni rear view mirror panel and networking reception
- Diane Gottsman, a nationally recognized etiquette expert who founded the Protocol School of Texas, led a professional etiquette dinner and presentation for students
- Career Services sponsored a "Speed Interviewing Extravaganza" on Thursday, which provided students with the opportunity to engage in mock interviews with experts in various fields and have their resumes critiqued
- The week concluded with a business leadership forum, "Leadership in the Trenches", led by Associate Professor in the Department of Management at Texas State, Dr. Robert Konopaske